Wednesday, May 26, 2010

duh!

Yesterday, I had an 'aha' moment...

You know what I'm talking about, right??

That moment when the lightbulb finally flashes on and you go, 'A-HA!' The point when something finally clicks.

I have been feeling all out of sorts and just not myself. I wish I could say that it's this funk I've been in for a few days, but it's been more like months! I have been disappointed in myself because I have allowed another person to dictate my happiness and self-worth. I was always one of those people who coud've cared less about what someone else thought, until it was the person I loved and desperately wanted approval from. Once I realized this person did not care the way I wanted them to, I was CRUSHED!

My whole world seemed to change and collapse in on itself. I forgot about that confidence and felt lost without this person by my side. I didn't believe time would heal me and just felt like I would be miserable forever!

Then, yesterday it clicked.

Why am I the one moping around??? This person couldn't care less about me and yet I am still wasting energy even thinking about them... That doesn't even make any sense!

I knew who I was before they came into my life and now that this person is gone, it gives me a chance to be even better than before.

It's so cliche to tell you all that I realized I'm too good for this person and how they weren't worth my time to begin with, but it's true!

It took me a moment to get there, and I had to be reminded a few times as well. Still, to not being doing the things I love [like blogging!], getting out of my house and spending time with people who actually care because I'm crying over someone else is nuts and I refuse to do so [anymore]!

It helps to log in and see I still have you all reading my blog [eventhough there has been a lack of content].

As my 'blogaversary' approaches it feels so good to be back to my former self; the girl who was confident and happy and excited to be starting something so important to me [this blog, of course!]... If that isn't fabulosity, I don't know what is!

It fills me with pride and pleasure to be able to say to myself, 'Hello, old friend. I've missed you so.'

No comments: