Monday, December 21, 2009

so like I said... (pt 1)

I finally got my package in the mail on Thursday!!!! It contained two pairs of shoes from Urban Origanal that I had been waiting for to complete my round of birthday gifts. I wasn't completely thrilled with the length of shipping time, but the prices on the shoes are pretty sweet! If you don't mind waiting, check out their site by clicking the link above. These pairs were something that I was treating myself to, so I wanted to make sure it was all here before I got started...


...shall we begin?







Okay, first up we have the makeup stuff. I went to Ulta a few days before my birthday because my flyer came in the mail and I was too eager to just wait to use it! I ended up getting some nice deals though... If you purchased an Ulta item you got one free and for buying a $10 Ulta brand item, I got another one for free as a gift. I chose two Ulta mineral powder eyeshadows in Indigo and Moss, and Ulta's Showstopper Lashes mascara in Jet Black. Instead of paying $10 each, it was like I got three for the price of one!

They also had a special going where if you bought two Essie polishes you got a top coat or their new 'Matte About You' mattifier for free. I got the mattifier because I've been wanting to try it with a navy polish I got a while ago. I'm not exactly partial to blue lacquer, but I thought the matte look might be a trend to check out! The Essie polishes were in Sugar Daddy (a sweet, dainty pink) and Over The Top (a tough, edgy gunmetal). They couldn't be more opposite (they are not pictured because I forgot. Tee hee!)! ;)

Finally, I grabbed two palettes. The first being a glitter cream palette by NYX in Paradise. I've been wanting to try glitter liners, but I thought this option made more sense. One glittery liner or 5 cream shadows for the same price??!
The other was POPbeauty's Pin Up Pop palette. It comes with 12 baked shadows in three groups of four, in order for you to be able to create your own spins on the classic 40s face. I will review this soon...

Walgreen's always has some cool Wet N Wild stuff, so I got one of their Idol Eyes cream shadow pencils in Envy. I didn't see much else, so I continued on.

Next stop was Meijer. Every so often I will go in there to see the clearance markdowns... I found a mosaic bronzer by Black Radiance (one of my favorite brands btw...) in Bronzing Shimmer. Guess what else??? My favorite cheapie gloss in Cherry Berry Kiss by Bonnebell!!! In one of my previous posts I mentioned that I broke mine, so 'yay' for finding another!

On my actual birthday, the BF took me shopping, (what girl doesn't love that???) and of course I ran to the mall to go into Sephora. I got a Nars blush (which he gifted, because I couldn't bring myself to splurge...), a new UDPP and my free birthday treat, courtesy of Sephora, a trio of their Super Shimmer Lip Glosses!

The next spot we hit was MAC.
Now, before y'all go crazy, reminding me that this blog is for us frugal recession-concious fashionistas, let me tell you that I just got brush cleanser! It was $11 for 8 fl oz. It's supposed to be disinfecting and quick drying, therefore being a pretty decent purchase. And guess what?! If you turn in three empty MAC containers (...of their affordable brush cleansers, right?) you get a free lipstick for recycling! Now you know I wasn't gonna steer you wrong as far as the wallet goes, right? Right!

Stay tuned for part two of my great, big birthday haul! ♥

No comments: