Monday, December 21, 2009

so like i said... (pt 2)

Okay, I'm ready to continue with what it was that I started earlier! In this post I figured I would do a small clothing haul. I found some great stuff right before my b-day that I thought I would share. So, on to part two...



An adorable sweater dress I found for $5!!! (The scarf was a gift from my grandma.)





A silk top by Kenar that was on the clearance rack at Marshalls.




A closer look at the collar detail.





A $5 skirt from Target and a suede purple belt from Old Navy.





One more cool Target find... $15!





I found this cute brown bomber at Burlington Coat Factory for $20.





Lastly, this coat that I found at Walmart. Only $7!!! The cool part? It reverses to a matte side!





I gotta admit, with this recession going on, it's easy to feel guilty about spending large amounts of money on trendy things. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I make it my mission to find a deal. It think us self declared cheap-cesses have a right to be on trend and stylish too! Why break the bank for things that may be out next season? My advice: Take some time to peruse the 30% - 50% off racks, hit up places like Goodwill to find things that are one of kind, affordable or inexpensive to alter (they carry blazers for $6! I found one from the Gap.) and change things like buttons, or adding trim/studs/distressing to make things new or luxe! Also, for me, accessorizing is key! Scarves, shoes and hats are crucial for taking my clothes to the next level, yet, won't leave me scrounging for change...


...so tell me, what are some of the items you've found that didn't leave a hole in your pocket? ;)

No comments: