Tuesday, June 2, 2009

freebies

Who isn’t psyched for free stuff???!! Uhhh… Nobody! I was so pleasantly surprised yesterday. I tend to frequent Sephora and Ulta. Usually, I am on the prowl for a deal/sale, but this time I went in for something specific. I was going into Sephora in order to purchase the Juice Beauty Clear Skin Kit. Scandalous Beauty had been talking about their products for a while and seemed genuinely pleased. Normally, I wouldn’t spring for anything more than my beloved Biorè line, but sometimes my skin needs something new in order to jumpstart a response. I’ve got these stubborn little blemish scars that have just refused to go away!! Arggghh… Anyways, as I am always out to save some change, the kit was totally the more affordable option. Purchasing those products on their own would cost me close to $70 or $80 bucks easy and the kit is about $40.

But, that’s not the best part! (I’m getting there, I promise…) You know those free, little cards we all sign up for, along with email alerts? Well, I didn’t realize how many points I had racked up! It was enough for a free sample and there was small group to choose from! I chose the mini Lorac TANtalizing bronzer. How ‘fabulous’ is that??! Next, I sauntered across the street to Ulta to use my 20% off coupon… and that’s right, you guessed it! MORE free stuff! They were having a ‘buy 2 get 2 free’ on some of their items. I zoomed in on the NYX display and got these…

I am already in love with the lip (freebie #1) and eye liners. The felt tip on the eyeliner makes for total precise application which is awesome! The package insisted that it was as exact as pencil and as intense as liquid. So true! The mascara is pretty nice too. I’m all about volumized lashes, but I don’t know that it lives up to my other favorites. Hmm… I think I’ll be comparing later on to see. The lipstick (freebie #2) is nice and creamy, but I don’t know what to pair it with yet. I sense some new combos coming about…

No comments: